Saturday 1 November 2014

First Flight since last time!

Well.......... It was a bit blowy today :excl: 

It was awesome to catch up with Andrzej for a few hours.

I flew! It was fun.

The wind was strong enough that I was able to land on the top of the slope just a few feet back from the lip (we were flying on the mill pond slope to the north of Mickeys proper). It really was a nice landing with possibly a little too much downward momentum. That pressure reminded me that I had performed a temporary, slopeside repair to the fuz in front of the wings last time I flew. The solitary piece of sticky tape was no match for the ground and the skorp's nose was a perfect replica of Mike Tindall's. 

Andrzej had a couple of really nice flights with his Ascot but the conditions were a bit hairy for practicing effective use of the compression, especially after a bit of a lay-off. So it was just a bit of a play around.

A bloke from Guildford (I've got a memory like a sieve!!) rocked up about lunchtime and flew his Willow and Dorado. The Dorado is NOT a DODO! Seemed to fly really nicely.

So this afternoon and evening I've been doing some cutting, grinding and fibreglassing :blush: . Sanding, filling and painting to come later in the week!

I also had forgotten how cold it can get on the slopes. Now that I am minus nearly 30kgs of insulation, a couple of layers, no beany and no thermals were woefully inadequate! Need to harden up!

I didn't use my new Taranis today. I am still setting it up with the Wasabi at the moment. Looking forward to using it though. Especially for setting up the Skorp. I was going to do some adjustments  today, hence the landing, but didn't get to launch again to test them. Adjusting in the air will be awesome!

It's great to be back on the Slopes! I've missed it quite a bit (would have been nicer to have returned at the start of Summer though!!!!).

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment