Wednesday 21 February 2018

Lovely light lift practice.

Popped up to the Bwlch with Rachel and the 2 dogs today as it was a lovely afternoon and took the Precision along too.

We wandered out to the Crest even though I could have flown the Wrecker and Rachel and the boys kept walking as I set up the Precision for some practice and more fine-tuning. I don't have an anemometer so wasn't able to measure the wind speed but it changed over the hour from being able to pump and gain a hundred feet or so height to having to manage all my available energy to perform a decent run that would have been around 50odd seconds.
I'll be interested to see how she (and I) goes in stronger lift, but it felt pretty promising.

After a good hour of flight time in fading lift I feel much more comfortable flying again although I couldn't tell which style was working best in the light conditions. Obviously she was holding more speed managing the energy, but she was travelling a long way. I feel like banking and gently yanking had the best times in the light conditions. When the conditions were better earlier on I felt like reversals were working the best. I also imagine that if I had the comfort I developed by the end of my session at the start, my EM effort might have paid dividends.

I was getting pretty chilly by now and was also expecting to see Rachel on her way back along the top. The mobile signal is much better up there now and after a quick phone call IU found out that she had walked a massive circuit all the way along the top, then below the front of the Crest, back up the top and was almost back at the car!! Good walking!

Needle repairs haven't started yet. I'll get on it soon ;-)

See you on a slope soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment